- Weil, Frederick D., Samantha Ramey, Oliver Garretson, Jiabin Fan, and Alison Qi. 2021. "Racial Differences in Response to Covid-19: Solidarity, Vulnerability, and Social Justice." Paper presented in Plenary session at the Researchers Meeting of the 2022 Natural Hazards Research and Applications Workshop, July 13-14, 2022, Broomfield, Colorado. - Powerpoint here
- Weil, Frederick D., Oliver Garretson, Jiabin Fan, and Alison Qi. 2021. "Responses to the Covid-19 Pandemic: Anxiety, Isolation, Dispute, and Support." Paper presented at the Researchers Meeting of the 2021 Natural Hazards Research and Applications Workshop, Broomfield, Colorado. - Powerpoint here
- Weil, Frederick D., Edward Shihadeh, and Timothy T. Reling. 2019. "Do collective resources reduce the number of Airbnbs in a neighborhood? Evidence from New Orleans." Paper presented at the Annual Meetings of the 2019 American Sociological Association, New York. - Powerpoint here
- Frederick Weil and Heather Rackin, "Neighborhood Organizations and the Repopulation of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina." Paper presented at the 44th Annual Natural Hazards Research and Applications Workshop Researchers Meeting July 17-18, 2019, Broomfield, Colorado. - Powerpoint here
- "Can Citizens Affect Urban Policy? Blight Reduction in Post-Katrina New Orleans.” Paper presented at the annual meetings of the American Political Science Association, New Orleans, August 31, 2012, here.
- A First Draft Summary
of the Research, here.
- See a separate website, here for
working papers and articles, along with fuller description
of the work
Realignment in America since World War II: An Outline" (Prepared
for presentation at the Annual Meetings of the American Sociological
August 13, 2000, Washington, DC) - Pdf
Nostalgia, and Performance: Democratic Legitimation in Unified
Germany" (a version given at a conference at Frankfurt-Oder,
Germany, May, 26th - 28th 2000) here
in the Context of Intergroup Relations: A Comparative-Historical
1983 draft [unfinished] for a large research project. Includes
a summary, a 1983 paper delivered at the Annual Meetings of
Critical Theories of Consciousness and Praxis in Lukacs, Horkheimer,
and Habermas" (A
seminar paper I wrote as a first-year graduate student in 1975!
Posted just for fun!) here
- "The Blueing of White Collars: A Case Study and Discussion of the Class-Position of Clerical Workers" (My undergraduate thesis: 189 pages which included my own survey of 278 clerical workers in four cities in 1973. Also posted just for fun!) here